We are back but we want to reassure you of the measures that have been put in place to ensure the safety of our valued customers and staff, in line with the latest Covid-19 Governmental Advice for Hospitality Businesses.
- We completed a full Corona safe business audit with related risk assessments and have an operational manual ‘The New Normal’ to support our teams. Please get in touch if you would like to see a copy of this document.
- All staff completed a medical questionnaire and Covid-19 new operational training before they returned to work. They have their temperatures taken and recorded daily. Anyone with a raised temperature is sent home to self-isolate immediately.
- Staff wash their hands on a very regular basis and have multiple sanitisation points available for them to use.
- We employ a full-time housekeeper in all venues throughout service times to clean and sanitise all front of house areas, lavatories and touch points eg door handles, card machines, telephones etc on a 15 minute rotation basis.
- Tables are appropriately spaced, and bookings are limited to 6 people.
- Guests cannot stand and drink at the bar and must have a table inside or outside.
- Signage is provided around the venues, reminding customers to socially distance and wash their hands/sanitise their hands.
- We collect the name and contact number of the lead guest of each customer guest and in line with the government guidance keep this information in a sealed and secure location for 21 days before it is destroyed, in case of track and trace requirements.
- Menus are disposable, and all cutlery, crockery are brought to the table once guests are seated at their sanitised table. Condiments are provided in single use servings.
- Drinks are brought via tray to guests at their tables.
- Customers can order from their phones should they wish to.
- We promote the use of contactless payments instead of cash.
- Sanitiser is provided at all entrances to venues, and in multiple sites around the buildings including adjacent to the lavatories.
- Our procedures have been reviewed by the relevant local authorities, plus we have had site visits from Environmental Health and the Police to inspect our operations. All bodies were very happy with the measures we have put in place.
- Additionally we have Visit England ‘We’re Good to Go’ accreditation.
- With regards to masks and gloves, it is not advised that staff wear these in the Government guidance. Perspex screens are also not essential.
We feel that we have put adequate measures in place to ensure the welfare, health and safety of our customers and teams, whilst maintaining the welcoming and hospitable ambience that we are committed to delivering.
We can’t wait to see you!