Full-time permanent position, working between Monday and Sunday.
Benefits – 28 days holiday (including Bank Holidays), staff discount card, meals on duty, uniform.
The Company James Places is a dynamic and vibrant growing company with venues based in the Ribble Valley and beyond with The Royal Hotel, The Shireburn Arms, The Emporium, Eaves Hall, Mitton Hall, The Waddington Arms, Holmes Mill and Falcon Manor, all part of the group. So if you are looking for a new challenge, or just fancy a change, James Places has a lot to offer.
The Values· We have a passion for what we do – We demonstrate this through the quality of our people, food, service and buildings · We deliver extraordinary experiences – We do this by having an eye for detail, delighting the guest, working as a team, making this happen! · We are evolving and embrace change – Develop and grow as individuals, as part of a team and as a business. We will do this through creativity, reward & recognition· We promise to be genuine, unstuffy and welcoming – Respect your colleagues and the customers, be cheerful, be positive, be friendly, be enthusiastic, be honest & be truthful
Reporting to the General Manager/Assistant General Manager, you will be responsible for all departments within the building including all front and back of house areas and employees. You will be in charge of ensuring all departments and areas within the restaurant/hotel are ready for customers, aware of daily business and are presented in line with James’ Places expectations. Communication and delegation must be maintained throughout the shift, across all departments.
· Carrying out a handover with the previous Shift Manager to ensure all matters are handed over, with the necessary paperwork completed.
· Communicating any specific jobs/issues to the relevant HOD
· Ensuring employees meet with James’ Places expectations and set standards.
· Ensuring all fixtures/machinery/fittings are safe to use within the building; logging any repairs and liaising with General Manager/Maintenance in reporting, and ensuring appropriate work is carried out.
· Monitoring, inspecting and rectifying the cleanliness of the building/hotel to include all public areas, bars, kitchen/refuse, outside grounds and car parking areas.
· Ensuring the James’ Places values are adhered to, delegating effectively through the relevant HOD to ensure this is achieved. This includes light bulbs, menus, cleanliness, rubbish/cigarette ends, cushions plumped, tables polished, appropriate music playing & comfortable fire/heating temperature maintained.
· Carrying out a full end of shift and security close down inspection, alongside a competent manager/supervisor to include all public areas, back of house and outside areas, dealing with any issues immediately with a key focus on cleanliness. Completing all paperwork with exits/windows checked, fire exits clear and light/heating economised where possible.
· Ensuring the building is set up to an adequate standard for business demands the following day.
· Handover to the Night Manager, communicating and detailing any jobs that require completion.
Health & Safety
· Complying and keeping up to date with current Health & Safety Policies and Procedures together with managing the site effectively to maintain understanding and responsibility with current Health & Safety compliance and conduct.
· Completing specific risk assessments where required and ensuring these are passed to the General Manager to file accordingly.
· Reporting any Health & Safety issues which arise during your shift and at any Health & Safety meeting.
· Ensuring the safe is counted and change is ordered, where necessary to correctly float the tills ready for the next shift/day, complying with security and safety measures throughout.
· Logging cash, credit card and deposits using the correct procedures, reporting any discrepancies to the General Manager at the next available opportunity.
· Setting an example for the rest of the team by being punctual, well groomed and dressed in accordance with James Places’ standards.
· Maintaining control and orchestrating service effectively and confidently.
· Coaching, motivating and leading front of house teams to exceed customer expectations and perform their duties effectively and consistently.
· Liaising with all HOD’s ensuring adequate and appropriate staffing levels to meet with business demands and budgets.
· Overseeing the completion of daily tasks across the site and ensuring they are completed efficiently in line with the correct standards.
· Keeping all HOD’s informed of any employee related issues within their department in accordance with James Places’ procedures.
· Briefing all departments and ensuring all bookings/events timings are adhered to and that the employees receive the correct set-up/information etc. Any alterations to business trade must be communicated effectively to the relevant departments.
· Experience as a Duty Manager or a strong supervisor ready to take the next step
· Experience of managing a team – ensuring duties are clear, monitoring performance and providing feedback, motivating and leading the team, preparing rotas
· Experience of working in a restaurant or cafe.
· Experience of functions
· Strong customer orientation and understanding of the concept of service delivery.
· Excellent problem-solving skills with good judgement and decision-making ability.
· Effective listening skills and ability to coach others.
· Motivated to deliver and maintain a positive outlook in dealing with difficult issues.
· Excellent communication and influencing skills.
· Strong personal organisational skills with the ability to balance a number of differing priorities.
Job descriptions are not exhaustive and the job holder may be required to undertake duties which are broadly in line with the above responsibilities.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £20,000.00 /year
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £20,000.00 /year
Please choose the venue you would like to book