About the Job You’ll be responsible for managing the Function Team and all functions/events held at the site. A key part of your job will be to maintain a great functions team – clear on the event timings, friendly and warm service, efficient and accommodating.
You’ll be responsible for the team’s development and training, appraisals and performance management. You’ll work closely with the wedding and events team to ensure good communication and clarity on events. You’ll be the Toastmaster for weddings and ensure that the day runs smoothly. You will achieve consistently high service standards and ensure customers are at the heart of everything we do. It is vital that our rooms are meticulously prepared and the expected atmosphere is created ready for events, ensuring that our staff are organised, fully briefed and well presented.
You’ll know what it means to deliver exceptional hospitality and will thrive on new ways to challenge not only yourself and your career goals, but also challenge customer’s expectations. You will thrive on and remain calm under pressure. It’s imperative that you are detail conscious and committed to delivering exceptional service. You are the kind of manager who wins hearts and minds through leading from the front with a hands on approach to getting things done.
To be successful we are looking for someone who has:
· Current Function Manager or strong Assistant Function Manager in a hotel environment specifically managing large events and weddings
· Experience of managing a team – ensuring duties are clear, monitoring performance and providing feedback, motivating and leading the team, preparing rotas
· Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels.
· A strong customer service focus with the motivation to consistently drive high service levels.
· The ability to work in a high pressured environment whilst maintaining a calm character.
· Results driven and motivated.
· A passion for detail
Salary on Offer: £25,000-£26,000 dependent upon experience